Why Offer a legal plan?
Nearly 9 out of 10 employees experienced at least one legal concern during the past year1. Whether it’s a traffic ticket, divorce, home purchase, estate planning or a contract dispute, legal concerns can draw employee’s attention away from work. This results in increased absenteeism, which costs companies millions of dollars in lost productivity and profits. Consider these facts:
- There are more than 100 million court cases in the U.S. every year.2
- 78% of American adults do not have an updated will.3
- 50% of all marriages end in divorce.4
- 50% of residential real estate transactions involve a dispute.5
- Bankruptcy filings have almost doubled since 1990.6
- More than 10 million Americans are victims of Identity Theft each year.7
- 59% of men and 54% of women surveyed felt a group legal benefit would influence their choice of employer.8
Why Choose the Family Protection Plan?
Legal issues rarely exist in a vacuum. Mounting debt, tax problems, substance abuse, identity theft, marital and family problems are often the catalyst for legal care. Each year, 48% of employees take time off from work for a family legal matter.Much of that time is spent seeking legal advice, and care, at a price that the average employee can not afford. The Family Protection Plan provides members with access to a nationwide network of professionals who provide free and discounted services in the following areas: Legal Care, Tax Return Preparation & Advice, Identity Theft Restoration, Financial Education & Credit Counseling and LifeEvents™ Counseling.
Having an affordable way to address these needs goes a long way towards increasing employee productivity and enhancing their quality of life.
Why Choose Legal Guard?
Legal Guard of America® offers the most affordable and comprehensive Legal Plans in the country. Legal Guard’s plans are available in all 50 states, and provide more substantive benefit than any other program in the market. For over 13 years Legal Guard has been the preferred employee benefit of nationally recognized corporations, financial institutions, labor unions, hospitals, school systems and associations.
Legal Guard advantages include:
- Lowest monthly premium covering entire family
- Most comprehensive program in the country, includes:
1. Free & Discounted Legal Care
2. Free Tax Return Preparation and Tax Advice
3. Free Identity Theft Restoration and Insurance*
4. Free Financial Education & Credit Counseling
5. Free Personal Counseling
- Largest real savings to employees
- Largest proprietary attorney network
- No limitations on usage
- No pre existing condition exclusions
- No waiting periods for services
- Benefits extend to the member, their spouse, significant other, domestic partner, children 25 and younger and any dependent living with the member who may be dependent upon them such as a parent or grandparent.
- Free membership in the Family Legal Plan after six (6) years of monthly membership fees have been paid **
- Free membership in the Family Legal Plan for retirees after three (3) years of monthly membership fees have been paid**
- Completely portable.
- Available on an employer or employee paid basis.
- The Family Legal Plan is not an insurance product. Good in all 50 states.
- Can never be used against the plan sponsor, their agent or administrator.
For a proposal or to learn more about Legal Guard of America please contact:
*Identity Theft Insurance is not available in NY State.
** Only (3) years for retirees to qualify for free legal membership. Free membership benefits extend
only to the legal benefits. All other benefits can be continued at a reduced monthly fee. Employers
must allow Legal Guard to educate and enroll employees, on an annual basis, for employees to
maintain their eligibility for the free legal plan membership. Employers must also allow payroll
deduction as a payment methodology for the purchase of the legal benefit.
1 Harris Interactive
2, 3, 4,5 American Bar Association
6, 9 Department of Labor
7Javalin Resource Group
8 William Mercer Consulting